Our dentists will examine your teeth and offer you advice on suitable treatments.
Darker pigment on the gums is often due to excess melanin in those areas (genetics) causing the gums to look brown. Gingival depigmentation (Gum Whitening or gum bleaching) is a process that involves using a laser to remove the excess melanin and the cells that produce them.
The process is painless with often only topical anaesthetic required. Recovery time is short when using the latest in laser technology.
The process takes approximately 20-30 minutes and costs £695 for your upper and lower gums. The results can last several years depending on aftercare.
What is a candidate?
The main guideline is simply that the gums must be healthy. We can assess your gum health at the free consultation that you have with our dentist. If you have darker pigmented areas of your gums, this procedure will help remove those areas and leave the underlying pink colour.
Using the advanced Biolase soft tissue laser, bleeding is almost completely eliminated so most patients with dark gums are a candidate.
How long does the treatment take?
- We initially carry out a detailed assessment to determine the amount and type of pigmentation that is needed for the gum bleaching.
- We use the latest in Diode laser technology to ensure minimal discomfort and aftercare. In most cases, it is finished in just one 30-minute appointment. The treatment may require a local anaesthetic injection but often our concentrated gels make the procedure as comfortable as possible with a short recovery time with manageable discomfort.
- As new tissue is created during healing, it tends to be pink rather than brown. Dependent on the depth of pigmentation additional appointments may be needed.
- Patients who are treated with such a soft tissue laser can expect minor discomfort and no complications after the treatment. Patients with very sensitive gums may experience some discomfort for a short period of time.
- Everything heals in about 2 weeks.
How much does it cost?
Please look at our offers for special deals. Interest free payment plans are available for all options.
How long does it last?
Before and After
Here is some of our transformations, after images are taken at 3-5 year follow up appointments. See more patient stories.
“I would definitely recommend Waldron Dental Clinic.”
"I never liked my teeth but now they look so much whiter and healthier."
"I absolutely LOVE my smile"
"My teeth were sticking out and I always hated it. I am so glad I had the treatment"
"I had a Mini Smile Makeover by the BEST!!!"
“I came to have treatment because I npoticed that my teeth were crossing over more at the front of my mouth. I had a Mini Smile Makeover by the BEST!!! Clear Invisalign, whitening and then subtle bonding."
"I love my new smile!"
“I was treated with composite bonding to change the shapes of my teeth. I came in and after 2 hours I had brighter. whiter and straighter looking teeth.”
"Thank you for all your help in giving me a smile I am happy with"
"I was really nervous about treatment when I saw my last dentist, but you put me at complete ease and listened to everything I had to say and explained everything so well!"
"Implant are honestly the best thing I ever invested in!"
"I was tired of my loose fitting dentures. They were becoming sore and loose. One day I was out for dinner in a business meeting and coule feel them slipping. I am so glad to have had my teeth sorted."
“I would definitely recommend this practice"
"I had Invisalign treatment on my upper and lower teeth and my teeth look and feel superb. I finished the upper teeth with some composite bonding.”
“I would definitely recommend this practice. I had heard about composite veneers before, but I was not sure. My teeth were worn and discoloured before, but now are bright and white.”
"Love my teeth"
"I had composite bonding done on my teeth, because they were small and peg shaped. I absolutely love my teeth. I was nervsous about treatment, but I felt nothing at all."
"A brilliant decision and there are absolutely no bad points."
“I felt I wanted something discreet so I chose the lingual brace. It was a brilliant decision and there are absolutely no bad points.”
"Thank you to Emma and Sundeep who were really helpful"
"I had some tooth whitening at the practice, and my teeth look so much whiter."
"They look great."
"Definitely better than I expected"